Thursday, May 13, 2010

My favorite dessert “TAB-TIM-KROB”

Tab-Tim-Krob is one of Thai desserts which are very tasty and colorful. Tab-Tim-Krob has its shape similar to Pomegranate. It made from small pieces of water chestnut mixed with the flour and served with sweet coconut milk. When I was young, my mother always made Tab-Tim-Krob in weekend and I was her helper in the kitchen. We can add many colors as we want and we can also put some pieces of jackfruit in it as well. Now I’m going to tell you how to make it.


1.Peel the water chestnuts, boil them, cut them into small pieces and soak them in colorful sweet syrup for 15 minutes.

2.Put them out of the syrup and mix them with the flour.


3.Boil the water, put those pieces in to the water, wait until they float and ladle them out.

4. Boil the coconut milk with water, add some sugar and salt as you want. [you may add some pieces of jackfruit, palm candy and coconut]


5. Serve them with ice.



If you are thinking of something to eat during this summer. Why don’t you try sweet, cold and yummy Tub-Tim-Krob instead of ice-cream? It must be a great idea!

1 comment:

  1. Great story, and thanks for the advice! I will get my wife to make me some. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete